Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Please! British landmine

Article about: Hi everyone, I bought this mine when I was a boy about twenty two ago (I remember it cost £15 and that was a lot for me then). It is of course, safe. I can see that its British and 1944 date

Default Help Please! British landmine

Hi everyone, I bought this mine when I was a boy about twenty two ago (I remember it cost £15 and that was a lot for me then). It is of course, safe. I can see that its British and 1944 dated, and would deduce that it must be a 'bouncing' type activated by a trip wire. The lever is marked 'C & M SRL & co'. Can anyone tell me anything else about it, and are these a common item? I've not seen another one.

Any comments appreciated,

Douglas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Please! British landmine   Help Please! British landmine  

Help Please! British landmine   Help Please! British landmine  

Default Re: Help Please! British landmine

Thats a very nice MKII AP shrapnel mine,,you are correct they are of the bounding type designed to cause casualties up to 30 Yds ,theyre not as rare as hens teeth i know several people who own them but theyre not exactly common finds either
    There is some nice period information on them here on my friend Lex,s website A/P Mine Mk1 and Mk2

Now I really like that MKII... Thanks for showing....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks for the information, very helpful.

Never seen one before, thanks for showing

?

Very nice mine! I would love one in My collection!

I like it very much.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!