Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How wrong can the media be.

Article about: bomb Bomb squad called to a primary school because a WWII grenade was brought in for show & tell I found this really funny because I brought my whole collection into my school history cl

Default How wrong can the media be.

I think the media must think we are all stupid. I found an article from earlier in the year about a woman who found a mortar in her garden.

Mother-of-two digs up unexploded WWII bomb in garden and casually flings it on the rubbish thinking it was an old exhaust pipe

The article shows the found mortar and a Blacker Bombard, and even to the novice they are completely different. The found item is a post war M20 super Bazooka drill round and the Blacker Bombard is a mortar. Did they just make this crap up?

Default Re: How wrong can the media be.

Unfortunately to the media, anything that looks anything remotely like a bomb IS a bomb! They do not bother themselves with the intricacies of ordnance. That is for the collecting fraternity to sort out!

I don't mind so much them making a fuss of it being live when its drill but how did someone select the Blacker? Did the reporter just google mortar and say, that'll do! If they'd just left it at Mortar then I can understand that too, after all it does resemble one, but to make up something is just poor drills.

It would be like me saying it was reported in the SUN newspaper because that's what popped into my mind, when it actually says at the bottom it was the Daily Mail. Its not just ordnance either, its the whole media thing, I read a paper this morning (I refuse to buy it but I admit to reading this crap) and there was 22 pages of Murray mania and on page 23 it had an article on the Canadian train crash and page 24, the plane crash in the states.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    I don't mind so much them making a fuss of it being live when its drill but how did someone select the Blacker? Did the reporter just google mortar and say, that'll do! If they'd just left it at Mortar then I can understand that too, after all it does resemble one, but to make up something is just poor drills.

It would be like me saying it was reported in the SUN newspaper because that's what popped into my mind, when it actually says at the bottom it was the Daily Mail. Its not just ordnance either, its the whole media thing, I read a paper this morning (I refuse to buy it but I admit to reading this crap) and there was 22 pages of Murray mania and on page 23 it had an article on the Canadian train crash and page 24, the plane crash in the states.
    It's ALWAYS the Daily Mail! I think I should apply to be a Daily Mail journalist, I think I'd be quite good at sitting on my arse all day pinching stories off Live Leak, Reddit and Youtube, making up the bits that I don't know, chucking in a bit of 'elf and safety (because it sounds SO funny replacing health with 'elf!) and then writing that some female celeb is fat one day and thin the next. Where do I sign up?

What on earth were the papers doing mentioning such things as plane crashes and train crashes when really important things were happening at Wimbledon? They really need to get a grip and concentrate on the important things in life. If they had left out these minor accidents they could have devoted an extra paragraph to Murray.

Unbelievable........where do they find the people that write these stories? What perhaps disturbs me more is the apparent lack of knowledge on the part of the authorities. Did no-one think to tell the reporter what it actually was, or did they really believe it was a Blacker?

Jeez......

?

Having friends in the news paper business I would like to come to their defense.
    They are NOT IDIOTS. They are morons. There is a big difference.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Having friends in the news paper business I would like to come to their defense.
    They are NOT IDIOTS. They are morons. There is a big difference.
    Love that Steve

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I will behave myself
    Attached Images Attached Images How wrong can the media be. 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Typical Daily Fail.

Daily Mail-o-matic | qwghlm.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast