Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Identifiaction Sought for 1kg Incendiary Bomb

Article about: Hi all Can anyone tell me if this 1kg incendiary bomb has been made safe. It looks like a hole has been made in the cap. I can blow into it and air comes out of the holes on the side. I unde

?

Default Identifiaction Sought for 1kg Incendiary Bomb

Hi all
    Can anyone tell me if this 1kg incendiary bomb has been made safe. It looks like a hole has been made in the cap. I can blow into it and air comes out of the holes on the side. I understand that it may be a practice piece used by the ARP. Identifiaction Sought for 1kg Incendiary Bomb

?

Bump!

Anyone?

The bottom piece as you show it in the picture should unscrew....if there's nothing in there then its safe. Not sure what you do if there is something in there other than run and call the Police.
    d
    Last edited by JERSEY 34; 08-07-2013 at 10:43 PM.

?

Hi
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the piece will not unscrew, seems like it may be seized on. Would I be correct in assuming that whilst the bomb is described as being 1kg, this would relate to the powder weight.

Default 1KG bomb

Hi,
    I have dug out the info I have on the 1kg bombs. I hope it answers your questions. Its taken from an American TME manual. I am not sure if its still possible to buy it but you used to be able to buy it and it covers all manner of German ordnance. Sorry the scans have come out in the wrong order...I did my best.
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifiaction Sought for 1kg Incendiary Bomb   Identifiaction Sought for 1kg Incendiary Bomb  

Identifiaction Sought for 1kg Incendiary Bomb   Identifiaction Sought for 1kg Incendiary Bomb  

?

This is brilliant information, thank you for taking the time to post. Unfortunately it doesn't give the info I was seeking.

Hi MikeS,
    I guess if you weigh the bomb and its more than 1kg now then I guess the charge weight could be 1kg. But I am not sure myself. I had never given it any thought. I did once have one with all the working parts still in place. It unscrewed and all the bits came out. I kept them for a while, but they were disposed of a number of years ago.
    D.

?

Hi
    It weighs in at 1kg and is all nose heavy. If my assumption is correct the charge weight would be 1kg therefore making it 2kg in total. As the picture shows, there is a clear hole which you can blow down and air comes out the side holes. I assume if all the bits were in place you would not be able to achieve this.

I think you sound ok with that one. If you have a long narrow piece of wire or similar you could try that and see how far it goes.
    D.

?

I will try that but I am unable to do it until next week, but I will post back the result. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast