Become our sponsor and display your banner here

To identify 1883 year shell!

Article about: Heya all Father got a shell casing from a friend. It has been found on the fields (in the old bunker) of Soča River where the battle of Isonzo was fought in WWI and then the guy who own

Default To identify 1883 year shell!

Heya all

Father got a shell casing from a friend. It has been found on the fields (in the old bunker) of Soča River where the battle of Isonzo was fought in WWI and then the guy who owned it before my father stuck a piece of a shaving brush inside it and used it as a shiny shaving brush As you can clearly see it's in excellent condition, dimensions are 11x57, pictures the best i can get - can't recognize the manufacturer mark. Year is 1883., on top there is "VI" mark and under manufacturer mark; 4 lines dividing very specific (seen it on austrian, czech and hungarian ammo before). So anyone, who is the manufacturer and what other info can you give me (rarity etc.)?

Tnx in advance!

Well my first guess is that it's of Austrian origin.

?

It looks like an Austrian 11.15x58Rmm Werndl M77 cartridge,hope that helps.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Tnx guys, yes it's most definitely Austrian and @Pete - You were correct, it is 11.15X58 for M77 Werndl... i also found this on that topic : Werndl . It's the same crest that my casing has but it's impossible to identify the crest. Hope I get some more info on it, tnx for all the help