Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Impact fuse

Article about: I picked this impact fuse up from Earlstown market this morning. It only cost £10, but I've not a clue what type of shell it is from - or what era. Can anybody help identify it? The only mar

Default Impact fuse

I picked this impact fuse up from Earlstown market this morning. It only cost £10, but I've not a clue what type of shell it is from - or what era. Can anybody help identify it? The only markings to the fuse that I can see are... RC 3GO. I suspect it is post-war, but it has been nicely sectioned to show the workings.

Impact fuseImpact fuseImpact fuseImpact fuse

Default Re: Impact fuse

Hi Steve, I would guess that too. Suspect RG = Radway Green.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

I did wonder if it was RG. But it really does look like an RC. But what the hell ? At a tenner - who cares? Any idea about the shell size?

Ah..does look like RC now I look again...

No idea on the item. Sorry.

But you cannot got wrong on the price!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

10 quid for that, you lucky sod!....

Earlstown market turns up a lot of military stuff at cheap prices! I got a WW1 type compass in immaculate condition a few months ago for £15. I think the stall holder's drop their prices when they see how poor I look.

Its a no119 fuze commonly used on 25pdr projectiles and a bargain at a tenner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Impact fuse  

Well spotted Spotter! many thanks for the info. I shall use it to stop my wads of £50 notes falling off my desk.