Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Inherited some inert ordinance and would like to know what to do with it

Article about: Hello, I'm in North Devon and have acquired a collection of inert ordinance, see photo, which is currently sitting in my barn. I'm not a collector myself but neither do I have any idea of wh

JerryRogers
    ?

Default Inherited some inert ordinance and would like to know what to do with it

Hello, I'm in North Devon and have acquired a collection of inert ordinance, see photo, which is currently sitting in my barn. I'm not a collector myself but neither do I have any idea of what exactly can be done with it. In the first place, I have no idea exactly what these shells, casings, carriers and ammo boxes are, what period they are from or where. The one casing I have identified, shown in a separate photo, is an 1863 Armstrong muzzle loading 7lb which was, I know, recovered from a Zulu Wars battle site around 40 years ago. My feeling is that these items should be in a collection or museum. Any suggestions, advice and thoughts will be most welcome.

Default Re: Inherited some inert ordinance and would like to know what to do with it

Hi Jerry and welcome to the forum

Some nice pieces there although none appear to be particularly rare. They would, however, make a nice addition to anyone's collection. I for one would be more than willing to take them off your hands and add them to my collection of shell casings The ammunition tins look to be fairly modern as do some of the other pieces, but without seeing the headstamps it's not easy to tell. Certainly if you e-bay'd them, you would need to supply such information.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to PM me.

Cheers

Steve T

JerryRogers
    ?

Default Re: Inherited some inert ordinance and would like to know what to do with it

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Hi Jerry and welcome to the forum

Some nice pieces there although none appear to be particularly rare. They would, however, make a nice addition to anyone's collection. I for one would be more than willing to take them off your hands and add them to my collection of shell casings The ammunition tins look to be fairly modern as do some of the other pieces, but without seeing the headstamps it's not easy to tell. Certainly if you e-bay'd them, you would need to supply such information.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to PM me.

Cheers

Steve T
    I'll look into the headstamps and get back to you
    Jeremy

?

yes ,very nice items you have there ! thanks for sharing them...

The white painted item is from a M20 Super Bazooka. The 2 ammo cans are modern British NATO H83s and the 2 smaller shell cases next to themlook like 18LB shells

?

I like them ! If you do end up selling them give me a pm