Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese 6.5 X 50 Cartridge questions please

Article about: I acquired close to 100 loose rounds of what I believe to be original rounds of 6.5 X 50 mm Japanese ammo. There is not any color on the case mouth that I can see. From the info that I could

Default Japanese 6.5 X 50 Cartridge questions please

I acquired close to 100 loose rounds of what I believe to be original rounds of 6.5 X 50 mm Japanese ammo. There is not any color on the case mouth that I can see. From the info that I could find there likely should be. Do you think reloaded ammo? Was standard ball ammo no colored coded? There is not any primer staking. I could not find a date when they started to stake the primers. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking. I will use the loose rounds to fill stripper clips for display.
    John

Japanese 6.5 X 50 Cartridge questions pleaseJapanese 6.5 X 50 Cartridge questions pleaseJapanese 6.5 X 50 Cartridge questions please

?

Hi,What you have appears to be original 1897 style ball rounds for the Arisaka models 30 & 35 rifles.When the model 38 appeared in 1905 it had the new spitzer bullet with the red marking for the ball bullet. They then started on MG development and would also have started to stake the primers,the first mass produced MG was the model 11 in 1922.....that`s all I could find ....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

A response on another forum stated this was made by the British for the type 30 Arisaka which Russia had purchased from Japan and ordered ammunition from the British. Subsequently I was able to find additional information to confirm this. Interesting and I learned something new.
    John

.256 inch Arisaka Ball - British Military Small Arms Ammo

?

I also think it is British
    they were not always stamped late in 1916
    more than 550 million have been made for russia.