MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Rifle grenade?

Article about: Hi, I do work for this lady who's husband fought on the battle of saipan and brought back this rifle grenade so for todays payment I got it but my concerns are that it may be live!! But it h

Default Japanese Rifle grenade?

Hi, I do work for this lady who's husband fought on the battle of saipan and brought back this rifle grenade so for todays payment I got it but my concerns are that it may be live!! But it has little holes drilled through it as you can see in the pics so I think it may be deactivated. Ive pushed down on the top and bottom which can be pushed in. My questions are is it live and how much is it worth. - Nick K

Japanese Rifle grenade?Japanese Rifle grenade?Japanese Rifle grenade?

Default re: Japanese Rifle grenade?

Be very careful with that, you won't know till you take it to someone who can tell you. Great payment though

Ok Who should I take it too and is it a rifle grenade? - Nick K

Don't have the Police check it out...they may well Confiscate it. I doubt much if it Is live,as it's been highly polished and such, but better safe than sorry. Perhaps you could bring it down to the nearest National Guard post and have them take a peek at it. William

Not really my field, btw,,,but it looks to Me more like a mortar round that's missing it's tail fins.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 09-19-2011 at 04:35 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It is not a Japanese rifle grenade... But a novilty item made from a Japanese fuze and other parts to be sold to GIs as trench art....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Oh any idea of the value? - Nick K

?

I was about to comment but Bill beat me to it, i checked , but there was nothing to match that small calibre "rifle grenade" or explosive bullet, therefore i assumed it was a mock up or a GI novelty

Default Re: Japanese Rifle grenade?

It just seems odd because its so well made with no welding marks or removable parts and everything seems to function as if it was some sort of mortar round or rifle grenade. - Nick K

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Japanese Rifle grenade?

Thanks for the help but mine wont unscrew and any idea on the value? - Nick K