Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Just some of my collection

Article about: Heres an older photo of a part of my collection..I have over 130 of these things now..including about 30 No 69s..love these things..since the top photo was taken I have picked up some No 5s

?

Default Just some of my collection

Heres an older photo of a part of my collection..I have over 130 of these things now..including about 30 No 69s..love these things..since the top photo was taken I have picked up some No 5s and 23s..and a bunch more Battys and Loos types...gotta love a WW1 Grenade that uses a lit fuse to make it work!!!
    Always looking for more!!!

Please notice the WW2 RCAF leather Flying Helmet and Mask on the 64 pound cannonball at the top right...gotta get a dummy head for that sometime. LOL

Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just some of my collection   Just some of my collection  

Default Re: Just some of my collection

Very Nice Campx.. a good collection there.

all the best nick ,

Quote by CampX View Post
    Heres an older photo of a part of my collection..I have over 130 of these things now..including about 30 No 69s..love these things..since the top photo was taken I have picked up some No 5s and 23s..and a bunch more Battys and Loos types...gotta love a WW1 Grenade that uses a lit fuse to make it work!!!
    Always looking for more!!!

Please notice the WW2 RCAF leather Flying Helmet and Mask on the 64 pound cannonball at the top right...gotta get a dummy head for that sometime. LOL

Dean

Great collection Dean. What's the LYD stand for in the white circle?

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Great collection Dean. What's the LYD stand for in the white circle?

Jay

Well, nice collection there! Just a guess but i think LYD stands for Lydite?? Best Regards.

?

Well I have heard it stands for the maker of these..and as I understand there was only one company that made the No 69s..however I have also been told that it stands for the explosive filler.
    Regardless these are not that common..you wouldn't think that looking at all of mine..I think I have over 40 now.
    But whos counting!! LOL
    Always looking for more of these types of things..if the price is right!!!