Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Large Caliber Gun Charge Container.

Article about: Guys, I have picked up another one of these (total 3). I am still unsure for what gun they belong? Any ideas? Jock

Default Large Caliber Gun Charge Container.

Guys,

I have picked up another one of these (total 3).

I am still unsure for what gun they belong?

Any ideas?

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large Caliber Gun Charge Container.   Large Caliber Gun Charge Container.  

Large Caliber Gun Charge Container.   Large Caliber Gun Charge Container.  

Large Caliber Gun Charge Container.  

HVK
    ?

Default Re: Large Caliber Gun Charge Container.

Well - the inside diameter of the container should roughly give the caliber of the gun... :-) A gues could be 38cm ship or fortress guns... ???

Quote by HVK View Post
    Well - the inside diameter of the container should roughly give the caliber of the gun... :-) A gues could be 38cm ship or fortress guns... ???
    That was a good guess, the diameter is roughly 38cm.

I will go fortress as there are no KM markings, saying that the fortress crews were KM?

Who knows?

Jock

Great item ,I really like it with the marking.great find.

Those markings are over the top. That container itself would make one heck of a bomb by itself if you closed it up tight and put a fuse in.

Jay

?

It'd be an army weapon since it has the army Waffenamt mark on it- a Kriegsmarine one would have an M below the eagle.

Man, it never ceases to amaze me how the Germans engineered the hell out of EVERYTHING they made LOL Everyone else would probably use a simple, cheap stamped and welded sheet steel canister with a simple lid, but the Germans used this fellow... I bet it'd still work perfectly 500 years from now...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hi Jock
    I think these containers were used for carrying food, but then again maybe I,m wrong.

Martin

Quote by mauser98k View Post
    Hi Jock
    I think these containers were used for carrying food, but then again maybe I,m wrong.

Martin
    Martin,

I've heard of them being used for that, but there intended purpose was as charge containers. Easy to see how they could be used, maybe for a bit of pea soup though.

Jock