Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is this a live Incendiary Bomb??

Article about: When he say s mounting ,he means , well you work it out !!!!

Default Re: Is this a live Incendiary Bomb??

Quote by big ned View Post
    They were filled with Thermite and the case is usually Magnesium alloy I think. The nasty bit that sets it off is in the tapered end and is a type of explosive set off by percussion to get the Thermite and Magnesium going. Thermite is reasonably safe unless it gets wet, it doesn't like water. A lot of these things didn't go off due to soft landings/malfunction, so until someone comes along with more knowledge to give you the skinny on it I would assume it to be live until proven otherwise, but I would'nt imagine it's gonna go pop unless you start bashing it or throwing it in water or such. Just a guess really though!
    DAMN! so hitting it with a hammer to see if it was hollow wasn't my best idea of the year?.... I jest of course

?

Keeping live ordnance in full knowledge is an outright offence which could come under the Terrorism Act , at the very least reckless endangerment of the public and under circumstances these days could result in criminal proceedings , a heavy fine , imprisonment or both ,,is it worth it for a bit of metal????

Post it to Dave....I'll call the Fed's!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Keeping live ordnance in full knowledge is an outright offence which could come under the Terrorism Act , at the very least reckless endangerment of the public and under circumstances these days could result in criminal proceedings , a heavy fine , imprisonment or both ,,is it worth it for a bit of metal????
    Hi Dave, i had no intention on having this if live. Said that from the start. The old chap is also aware of this and has said once he has a positive ID he will act accordingly and with my help and direction. He is an old man, currently unaware of the status (for want of a better word) of this item. Hence why he asked me to go away and find out for him which is what i have done so he can act responsibly and legally.

?

I can see this Saturday evening rapidly going downhill, now that the Big fellas on the prowl ,quick lock up your wifes , girlfriends , daughters ,mistresses but above all your PETS !!!!!

I can see this Saturday evening rapidly going downhill, now that the Big fellas on the prowl ,quick lock up your wifes , girlfriends , daughters ,mistresses but above all your PETS !!!!!
    Call me blonde, but am i missing something

?

Big Ned and I try to keep everything light hearted , a friendly banter bourne out of mutual respect but he he keeps picking on me , its not fair so I am forced to respond in kind

Big Ned and I try to keep everything light hearted , a friendly banter bourne out of mutual respect but he he keeps picking on me , its not fair so I am forced to respond in kind
    Fair enough. If its about Ned then i'll just sit back and let him get whats coming to him

?

Oh yeah i like your thinking :-)

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Call me blonde, but am i missing something
    Dave and I go back a long way, as does the banter, and besides my reputation of something of a Robert Redford look-a-like silver tongued cavalier, he knows of my interest in taxidermy and was reffering to that. Here's a squirrel i've just finished mounting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a live Incendiary Bomb??  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast