Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Liverpool Incendiary 2015 Recreated

Article about: My Grandfather was a ARP Warden during the Blitz and told of this actual event. After the war ended , he did a bit of gardening and "found" a incendiary device outside in his garde

Wink Liverpool Incendiary 2015 Recreated

My Grandfather was a ARP Warden during the Blitz and told of this actual event.

After the war ended , he did a bit of gardening and "found" a incendiary device outside in his garden, up against a wall

Next morning he carried it to the local Police Station ) .. and they all scattered... complete with howls and screams

(1st door from the right, of the picture of the old Wavertree Police Station, now a Pub.)

When I was a baby from 1962, I lived up the side entrance (far left of picture).

After placing it in a big bucket of water over night, they had some one check it over, it was officially deemed safe.

It stayed in that bucket for days/weeks.. He only lived down the Road and when he went back one day, he reclaimed it.

I still have it to this day.. and here it is, recreated 70 years later
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Liverpool Incendiary 2015 Recreated   Liverpool Incendiary 2015 Recreated  

Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 01-14-2017 at 07:51 PM.

When I walk past this Pub now, I still think of those events of yesteryear.

Just a simple one minute walk, bringing back memories and thoughts, of events now forgotten in time.