Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?

Article about: aha, tusen tak men jeg taller ikke tysk O_O edit: nvm just spotted the english option (duh) erm I see pieces I want on that website you showed me but they are repro -.- is there any differan

Default m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? and wooden parts? where to buy?

Hi, apologies if Ive posted in the wrong place? this forum is huge and still haven't quite got my head round it was wondering if anyone had one of these magazines? any condition, preferably relic form. Ive looked at eBay, relic sites but no luck I don't even know where I can see where the forum users here sell their stuff as the sale section just takes me to websites that I don't want to go to.

thanks..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?   m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?  

m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?   m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?  

Attached Images Attached Images m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one? 
    Last edited by brataccas; 04-27-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Default Re: m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?

Are you after the round drum magazine or the stick magazine? The stick magazine comes in 20 round and 30 round size. A few years ago a large stock of US lendlease Thompsons and assoiciated kit was found in Russian salt mine and came on to the market, hence a number of dealers have the magazines (and guns) for sale, unfortunately for you they are mainly unused and like new. The 20 round mags average around £10, the 30 round mags, £20 and the drum magazines £300!!!
    The best place to look is at the dealers on MILWEB. I've had a very quick look and found the below:
    Ryton arms has 20 round stick mags for £16
    Arundel militaria have 20 and 30 round mags for £25
    Chelmsford militaria have 20 round mags for £12.50, 30 round mags for £20 and the drum mag for £275

Default Re: m1a1 us thomson smg magazine? anyone selling or know where I can get one?

cool thanks for the info, I think the stick magazine, I need a butt stock and a foregrip (not the vertical one) BUT I have no idea if said parts would screw on as i bought an m1am thompson relic but it hasnt arrived yet so havent really had a proper look.

few photos of it here ill upload, you reckon judging from those photos its possible to "complete" this SMG? and just a note im not trying to make it function etc, just make it look complete, (the barrel has been deact/plugged/welded)

ok pictures uploaded on my first post above

Here's a picture of my Thompson 1928A1 for comaparison (It has a 20 round mag in the picture, although I have a 30 round mag which I think looks better). The fore grip should just screw on and the woodwork for the gun should be relatively easy to get, they do appear on Ebay every now and again, if not search the internet for dealers.
    The problem you are going to have is that you don't appear to have the trigger mechanism. This unfortunatly this is what the butt slides and locks in to and also what holds the magazine in place. As the trigger mechanism is now a piece of the gun that is deactivated I'm not sure if many dealers would stock them (and they are not allowed to be listed on Ebay), however, you could try contacting the likes of Ryton Arms or Chelsmford Militaria.

ye thanks for the suggestions, contacted them just now and thats a nice thompson u got there.

cant seem to find the parts anywhere, I did find this:

New Page 1

but no idea if it will actually screw and fit in, plus I dunno if that buttstock is for the 1928 model

If you're still looking for the mags, I know a guy that has original mags still in the original wrappers and grease ! He had both 20 and 30 round mags last time I checked. Really nice chap as well.

Cobbaton Combat Collection military museum and tourist attraction North Devon

I've had quite a few bits off him and they are always in really nice condition.

The mags are under 'Sales' then 'De-acts & weapons'.

Cheers

Steve T

I've just a quick search on the internet and found ' TommyGunner.com ', their prices seem a little high but they have pretty much everything Thompson!

There is a subtle difference between the M1928A1 stock and the M1A1 stock - looking at the link on your post the stocks look like M1928

thanks steve ill take a look, and grimebox I saw tommygunner but their prices are just OTT for me so I gave that site a steer clear.

chelmsford militia site says: "I have a horizontal front wood grip, wood butt stock and wooden pistol grip for £40 inclusive of p&p haven’t got the trigger mech though you may struggle with that"

sounds good, I dont think I will ever find a deact trigger mech lol

It's not ideal but the other thing to consider is trying to pick up a cheap replica or contact a manufacturer and see if you can get the trigger mechanism/piece and use that until somebody digs up the piece you need!

You can look on:WK2 Waffen Accessoires - zib-militaria.de there you have alot of thompson stuff if you still interestet.. good luck.

Maby trey Gunbroker if it relic you are looking for
    Last edited by Nordland/Danmark; 04-27-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast