Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M24 need information

Article about: I impulse bought this 1939 M24, the stick is marked hkz waffenampt 39, there is a serial number of 12288 and a 39 on the base close to the cap. The steel body is marked RR564 1939 and a Waa6

Default M24 need information

I impulse bought this 1939 M24, the stick is marked hkz waffenampt 39, there is a serial number of 12288 and a 39 on the base close to the cap. The steel body is marked RR564 1939 and a Waa64(i think its pretty faded). The cap has the numbers 44, 331 and 10022 stamped in it. I have never had the chance to handle a real M24 and I'm hoping I made a good choice. M24 need informationM24 need informationM24 need informationM24 need informationM24 need informationM24 need informationM24 need informationM24 need informationM24 need information

Default Re: M24 need information

Seems to be a replica. Wooden stick does not look good, white porcelan ball is 100% wrong. As for the grenade head I'm not sure but marking is very weird and so maybe it is fake too. Sorry for the bad news.

Sadly I agree ..... the ball and end cap kills any chance it had ...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The screws heads must be round and no flats. Markings on the wood are not OK.

Oh well, I did not have a ton of money in it but its bound to happen! I did review the sticky on m24's so I know what to look for in the future! Thank you all for the information, it's appreciated.

Hi sorry only just saw yhe thread,, yes a 100% replica, this is the cheap one in my spotting fake M24's. cost ,,,£20 max..

A classic case of ,,lets age it and ad a few more stamps to the wood..

Kind Regards nick
    Last edited by jeeeensy; 03-22-2013 at 10:57 AM.

A replica indeed.
    Zebra post here for opinions before buying. That's the golden rule.
    Cheers
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Bad one.
    Please post here before buying.
    chris

Agreed with all the above; wrong from top to bottom. Even the screw cap is wrong, but hte lettering is the biggest give away. Wrong font. Pitty because I just sold a very nice original M24, and never got my money, but nobody here seem to had any interest in it.

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Agreed with all the above; wrong from top to bottom. Even the screw cap is wrong, but hte lettering is the biggest give away. Wrong font. Pitty because I just sold a very nice original M24, and never got my money, but nobody here seem to had any interest in it.
    Sorry to hear. I hope the item is still in your possession though, coz if you lost both money and the grenade it would be very sad.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377