Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mills Bomb

Article about: I picked this one up this morning. Unfortunately it's been converted into a money box. My plan is to etch prime it before repainting, then add replica base plug, spring etc to the interior.

Default Mills Bomb

I picked this one up this morning. Unfortunately it's been converted into a money box. My plan is to etch prime it before repainting, then add replica base plug, spring etc to the interior. Can anyone identify if this is a No5 or a No36?

Thanks

EdMills Bomb

Default Re: Mills Bomb

I would honestly keep it as is. It tells a story.

Mills grenades

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Ade keep it as it is,

Leave it alone. The poor thing has been fiddled with enough. Time to let it rest ............

Its a number 5. The lugs on top are different from the 36, and the top of the striker is not visible on your number 5 as they are on a number 36. Also your number 5 is not as round as the number 36.
    I would leave it as it is, funky little money box.

Thanks for all the replies. I think at the moment I am going to leave it as is and keep looking for another Mills bomb that hasn't been changed at a reasonable price to add to my collection.

?

it could be a no5 or a 23mk1 or mk2 as the only differences was the striker and base plug .