Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MK1 9.2 inch Howitzer

Article about: A new addition to my model cannon... This is reputedly an apprentice piece made at Vickers Armstrong during the inter-war years. It is constructed entirely of steel and brass, and although t

Default MK1 9.2 inch Howitzer

A new addition to my model cannon... This is reputedly an apprentice piece made at Vickers Armstrong during the inter-war years. It is constructed entirely of steel and brass, and although the elevation wheels appear to be from an old clock, it still gives the model a realistic appearance. The recoil buffer works, the barrel returning to battery on recoil. length of barrel is 290 mm. I have placed a .303 round next to it for comparison. The base of the gun - upon which the piece would have traversed, is missing.

MK1 9.2 inch HowitzerMK1 9.2 inch HowitzerMK1 9.2 inch HowitzerMK1 9.2 inch HowitzerMK1 9.2 inch Howitzer

Very nice Steve!....

Thumbs up

That is a very, very nice piece to have !

Further information on the gun... It was actually made during WW1 by a young apprentice working in Sheffield. At some time in its life it was re-painted black, the original colour appears to have been green. Whoever painted it also painted over the recoil buffer pistons - which I have now cleaned off, and the recoil system now works much smoother.

Very Nice Steve.

John

- - ------- - -

Very nice Steve.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Someone on the Great War forum has just informed me it has to be a Mk11. Apparently the barrel is too long for a Mk1!

Does it actually shoot anything? (Blanks presumably).

Although it has a clear barrel, there is no breech-block assembly.