Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

MKI Crusciform opinions

Article about: I believe the Z marking is an inspector mark. Whilst I don't own a Mk I, yet - a similar mark is present on my late Singer Mk II. It is also displayed on a Singer Mk II on Britain - No. 4 Sp

?

I believe the Z marking is an inspector mark. Whilst I don't own a Mk I, yet - a similar mark is present on my late Singer Mk II. It is also displayed on a Singer Mk II on Britain - No. 4 Spike Bayonets

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    The 77Z mark is unfamiliar to me though.....not seen it on any No4 Mk1.....must look into that.
    I have an early MKII Singer with the MKI type markings (Kings Crown, S.M etc) and it has the 77Z inspectors mark on it. I haven't got it handy but I'm sure in The Spirit of the Pike book it does have examples of MKI's with the 'Z' inspectors mark but without looking I couldn't say if they were 77Z or another Z number.

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    You're No4 Mk1 looks good, if I might add the catch should also be marked with SM41 and the scabbard ideally should be marked as per the photos I've posted for a nice Mk1 combo, good find.
    It's not very clear but mine is marked SM42 I do have another mark one but cannot lay my hands on it at the moment.

z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	675926  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12