Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My 8x56r stockpile

Article about: Really starting to enjoy shooting my Steyr m95 /30(34)'s Found a great deal on 150 rounds of 8x56r (right 2 rows) Please pm me if you guys find any great deals on the cartridges. Under \\$13 a

Default My 8x56r stockpile

My 8x56r stockpile

Really starting to enjoy shooting my Steyr m95 /30(34)'s
    Found a great deal on 150 rounds of 8x56r (right 2 rows)
    Please pm me if you guys find any great deals on the cartridges. Under $13 a box is a good price for these.

?

Default Ammo

I usually go through Ammoman... Great selection on surplus and current production ammo.
    Sometimes pricey but there are deals to be had... G
    Attached Images Attached Images My 8x56r stockpile  My 8x56r stockpile 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Haven't seen that seller yet. Gonna check it out. Thanks, G.

I'd buy an RCBS press and load my own...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I really wish I had the space. Have thought about it many times.

I used to load my own .303 cartridges and enjoyed each round doing it, takes patience though!

I'm saving all the brass just in case one day I'm able to do reloads. I need space away from my house. Don't like the idea of storing raw gun powder at home.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I'm saving all the brass just in case one day I'm able to do reloads. I need space away from my house. Don't like the idea of storing raw gun powder at home.
    ahh ya woos! REALLY!! the primers are more of a worry

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Read up on reloading... Berdan and other shells can be a pain in the "Arse" so I am told... There are different grades of powder to... FFFG / FFFFG as you probably already are aware of and in the U.S. we ( To my knowledge) use SAE and not metric as far as primers... Take a course if possible !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I had about a 2 foot square end of my basement workbench that I used to reload shells with. The powder is safe-it's not like nitro! You can put a pinch of it on a plate and touch a match to it and it just goes Poof! It doesn't explode. I used to reload alot of Berdan primers-you just buy a small tool to gouge them out and then press the new ones in place. No real problem. As for measuring powder charges, you can either do it the laborious way and Weigh it on a loading scale or else just use the little powder dispensers for an even and uniform load each time. The only bit I didn't care for, was that I used the dies for my 44 Mag that needed lube to reload-it gets abit sticky, but wipes off easy enough. I was too cheap to buy the better newer dies! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast