MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My German eggs have Arrived!!!

Article about: Jens, thanks for the correction regarding the wood egg box featured in my photograph ( post #12) and that it differs from the steel variation . You have a sharp eye to notice that. I wasn't

Default My German eggs have Arrived!!!

Hello all. My package of eggs has arrived!! I have a Wurfkorper 136 and an Eierhandgranate 39. They both have the original paint on them. I had purchased a Walther 1941 flare pistol earlier and this combanation makes for a great display. The Wurfkorper 136 is an early bakelite shaft model. These are hard to get, as I am told. Both Grenades are inert, but the flare pistol works fine. I hope you enjoy my latest addition to my war room.
    Thanks,
    John

Wurfkörper Leuchtpistole: Pistol Grenade: Ammunition for 27 mm Signal Pistol

Wurfkörper Leuchtpistole: Pistol Grenade: Ammunition for 27 mm Signal PistolThis pistol grenade is formed by adding to the egg-type hand grenade (Eierhandgranate 39) a plastic stem to which it is attached by a retaining tube. The tube contains the delay igniter at the forward end inside the grenade. An alloy flash tube connects this to the fuze which is located in the base of the stem. The fuze is separated from the primer by a safety pin which is pulled out before the grenade is placed in the pistol barrel. Upon firing, the firing pin strikes the primer which sets off the delay igniter, detonating the explosive charge after a delay of 4.5 seconds.

My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!My German eggs have Arrived!!!
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

very awesome! truly a great item for display. thanks for sharing and also showing period images of it in action.
    Dean.

Thanks.

Nice Add !!!

Very nice additions to your collection John. Indeed this combo will make a nice display.
    Thanks for posting.
    Cheers
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

these wurfkörper sticks are very hard to find indeed. the one you have shown is the second type, the third is made with a wooden stick and the first is shown here on the pic. for shooting the first modell you need a brass shell for the flare pistol barrel. all wurfkörper were used to fire the egg39, the smoke egg 42 and with an adapter the M 24 stick grenade can.
    best regards jens
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My German eggs have Arrived!!!  

I had 2 of them but they were full so we dumped them in a lake.

Thanks jens for sharing your knowledge of these with us. I know I have learned a lot about these from you and some of the research I have done. Thanks for sharing these and getting my eggs too me.

John

Quote by eggman39 View Post
    these wurfkörper sticks are very hard to find indeed. the one you have shown is the second type, the third is made with a wooden stick and the first is shown here on the pic. for shooting the first modell you need a brass shell for the flare pistol barrel. all wurfkörper were used to fire the egg39, the smoke egg 42 and with an adapter the M 24 stick grenade can.
    best regards jens

?

excellent John. Looks great for display!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast