Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ned help identifying this artillery casing

Article about: Hi, I recently pick up this artillery shell casing. I am having a hard time identifying this. It's about 25" tall and about 3" wide at the mouth. The base is about 4.5". The p

?

Default Ned help identifying this artillery casing

Hi, I recently pick up this artillery shell casing. I am having a hard time identifying this. It's about 25" tall and about 3" wide at the mouth. The base is about 4.5". The photo may not show it, but there is a faint, stamped 76/62 on the base. It was found in a cellar in Copenhagen, Denmark approximately 20 years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Ned help identifying this artillery casingNed help identifying this artillery casingNed help identifying this artillery casingNed help identifying this artillery casingNed help identifying this artillery casingNed help identifying this artillery casingNed help identifying this artillery casing

Italian 76mm Naval case. Primer made by BPD...Bombrini Parodi Delfino. Case made by SMI...forget who they are..Something like Societa Metallurgica Industria.

?

Hey! Thanks A lot. Do you know approximatly how old or what years it may be from WW 1,ww2,, current?

Hello....It's modern Italian navy. I think it was designed by Oto Melara. The 76 refers to the calibre of the gun...76mm and the 62 refers to the length of the barrel...ie .. 62 calibres long.... ie... 62 x 76mm =4712mm barrel length....16 feet 8 inches.

?

Thanks. I didn't recognize any of the markings. It didn't look like WW2. But thanks!!