Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with this German AA round

Article about: I was told it is a AA round but i spose it could be antitank aswell. The fuse on the tip unscrews and the head is hollow. Annoyed from this ads?   Im new to collecting so forgive my lac

Default Need help with this German AA round

I was told it is a AA round but i spose it could be antitank aswell. The fuse on the tip unscrews and the head is hollow.
    Im new to collecting so forgive my lack of knowlage. I noticed it has the eagle stamp and WaA22.
    Could anyone please tell me more about this like what gun fires such a round and what WaA22 and other numbers might mean.
    Also is the yellow on the head norman or post war.

Really appreciate any info!
    Marc

A 2cm Flak HE round, dated 1938, as fired by a Flak 38......

Thanks for that info Martin! I like that its 1938 early war. I hope i didnt pay to much. I got it for $50 Aud. I think that was fair as these are hard to come by here with such strict laws. Pretty goid condition.

?

Very nice,have a look here........municion alemana
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks so much for all the info guys, i will be keeping this one

?

Nice Piece! Thanks for showing us. Waffenamt 22 shows it was made in the factory HASAG Hugo
    Schneider in the location of Leipzig, Sachsen according the the Waffenamt listing I have. 1938 was year made. Cool piece. Would love one in my collection.

Rossi

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    I was told it is a AA round but i spose it could be antitank aswell. The fuse on the tip unscrews and the head is hollow.
    Im new to collecting so forgive my lack of knowlage. I noticed it has the eagle stamp and WaA22.
    Could anyone please tell me more about this like what gun fires such a round and what WaA22 and other numbers might mean.
    Also is the yellow on the head norman or post war.

Really appreciate any info!
    Marc

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks for that info Rossi The more info the better. I may start collecting this type of ammo now Love the gut to fire it too but here in Australia we cant even have semi auto rifles

Sadly, as with so many things, these used to be really easy and cheap to pick up in Europe about ten years ago. They are now getting harder to find and more expensive. Later ones had lacquered steel casings which make an interesting comparison with earlier brass-cased ones.

Need help with this German AA roundNeed help with this German AA roundHi,
    Nice round you have i have one that i have restored but am looking for the fuze head for it, not easy to find, Thanks for showing it.
    Dave.

Might have to keep my eye open for a later one now Are they ard to come by?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast