Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell

Article about: I need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell. I found it at a small second hand store. I have bought other items from them and they will hold it for me till Sat. It is an inert German 37 MM

?

Default need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell

I need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell. I found it at a small second hand store. I have bought other items from them and they will hold it for me till Sat. It is an inert German 37 MM round (Projectile, brass casing, and struck primer). The base is marked “Karlsruhe”, “PATRONENFABRIK” and 1917. It is on consignment for 50 bucks, is that about the going price for a WW1 German shell?

Default Re: need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell

i have one 1918 complete in very good condition, i pay $65 dollard ,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell  

Easily worth the $50...I would pay it in a heartbeat.

Jim cag
    ?

Hi,

I've got a couple of 37 mm German shell cases / inert rounds . One marked “Karlsruhe”, “PATRONENFABRIK 1918 ,with a crown stamp, & another symbol that I don't recognise ;the other is marked sp255 ( Spandau inspection mark used by Karlsruhe) dated Juli 1918, As far as I know the sp marks were used after 1916, so I guess the first was an earlier case refilled in 1918. Both are for sale if anyone is interested . By the way i've just joined this forum and wish to say I'm finding the posts & information here extremely interesting & informative.

here is mine,but i dont remember what i gave for it,,,its been a long time,,,,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell   need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell  

I wish my goodwill had this. Mine has a bunch of clothes.

Hello,

These cases (pompom) are often found in Belgium, and overhere are 3 kinds of them:

the first picture (Pierre) is a army (heer) issue, used maybe for the FLAK gun.
    In the picture of MM the uppers is a French one.
    And the lower is also a Army one.
    When marked Karsruhe, and with a Roman numer (I,III IV etc) its German navy, the roman letter for the month, the two digits for the year.

Price? Al depending where you are, and what markings are on it, starting at 10 euro, but on average halfway 10 and your price, so about 25 euro, for a complete round.But in The States, they will me more rare, and if the price is good for you, take it.

Jim cag
    ?

my 37mm cases
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell   need help pricing a WW1 German 37 mm shell  

here is one of mine with "METZ" & "1918" engraved on the case...

Daphoeno
    ?

Thought I'd post this on here seeing as everyone else is. bought this Patronenfabrik Karisruhe bullet for $15. It's in extremely good condition with the only noticable thing being the bottom slightly worn away. It's dated from 1911 as engraved on the bottom of the shell. I was wondering if anyone could price this.
    Worn away markings on bottom of shell.
    I drew over the markings to make them more visible (on computer).