Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

new guy with a 37mm question

Article about: hello everyone,new to this forum,I came across something at a second hand shop recently have been getting different opinions on what it is,but the one thats sounds correct is that its a 37mm

since73
    ?

Default new guy with a 37mm question

hello everyone,new to this forum,I came across something at a second hand shop recently have been getting different opinions on what it is,but the one thats sounds correct is that its a 37mm M74 anti tank round,that someone had chromed? I know its heavy its showing 2lbs on my scale if its accurate,and my question is,is this safe to handle and have around?,my research appears as tho everyone used these,so is there away of telling whos it is?it appears to be a solid projectile.many thanks in advance.

Default Re: new guy with a 37mm question

Hi and welcome to the forum!

It is perfectly safe to own.

It has been fired and is simply a solid shot with no explosive charge.

Sorry I cannot add any further info.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

it looks like a 2lb solid shot to me but that would make it 40mm across the base not 37mm just an idea.
    Andy

since73
    ?

thanx for the input guys, actually when u measure it across the bottom it is 35 mm

?

Thats standard,all solid shot rounds are ever so slightly larger at the top and narrower at the base this allows the front portion of the shell to steady itself inside the bore and the driving band to engage itself at the rear leaving only one small steel on steel portion of contact and the softer driving band contact at the rear,all steel projectiles are manufactured this way to ensure you cannot jam a projectile in the barrel.

It`s look not German. Look at wk2ammo.com