Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info?

Article about: Can anyone provide photos or any information on Norwegian copies of the US Mk2 frag? I'm interested to know such things as whether they existed during WW2, and if they have similar specs to

Question Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info?

Can anyone provide photos or any information on Norwegian copies of the US Mk2 frag? I'm interested to know such things as whether they existed during WW2, and if they have similar specs to the originals...etc. Hopefully I'll be receiving one in a few days, in which case I will provide photos when I can. It has a 'Tennmek' fuse if this helps.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info?

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Can anyone provide photos or any information on Norwegian copies of the US Mk2 frag? I'm interested to know such things as whether they existed during WW2, and if they have similar specs to the originals...etc. Hopefully I'll be receiving one in a few days, in which case I will provide photos when I can. It has a 'Tennmek' fuse if this helps.
    Thanks!

Hi Toxic, they are just that.... an exact copy of a "post-war" Mk2 pineapple. They were not made in WW2, they are from the 50's and 60's. Here are some pics of a couple. One pic of fuze is the practice type M60F1 fuze.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info?  Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info?  Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info? 

Here is pics of the US WW2 M10 & M6 series fuzes to compare........
    you see the difference?

They made the fuzes a little different after WW2 so the handle, or "spoon" goes under the small lugs at top of fuze, instead of down and hooking under.
    The WW2 style they found was too easy to accidentally slide, or move forward if you did not have a good grip on the spoon, and let the striker fall prematurely.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info?  

Here's my example. No idea on any "issue" details.
    Attached Images Attached Images Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info?  Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info?  Norwegian MK2 Pineapple Grenade Copies- any info? 

Quote by Slick Rick View Post
    Here's my example. No idea on any "issue" details.
    Nice Photos Slick Rick, thanks for sharing them. Good pics of this M60 Norwegian training fuze.

Regards, Steve

?

The blue paint and hole in the bottom mean it's just a training piece, not ever a live weapon- yes?
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Matt

You are correct on both counts.

Rick

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Here is pics of the US WW2 M10 & M6 series fuzes to compare........
    you see the difference?

They made the fuzes a little different after WW2 so the handle, or "spoon" goes under the small lugs at top of fuze, instead of down and hooking under.
    The WW2 style they found was too easy to accidentally slide, or move forward if you did not have a good grip on the spoon, and let the striker fall prematurely.

Regards, Steve
    Steve

I note that the examples you pictured have the extended striker pin, designed to eliminate the forward movement of the spoon after the pin is pulled. Any idea when that design feature was incorporated?

Rick

Quote by Slick Rick View Post
    Steve

I note that the examples you pictured have the extended striker pin, designed to eliminate the forward movement of the spoon after the pin is pulled. Any idea when that design feature was incorporated?

Rick
    Hi Rick, Good eye....... The exact time when this revision was instituted? I would say approx. late 42 to mid-late 43 maybe.
    These 2 fuzes I show, M10 ingniting & M6 detonating fuze, just happened to both have the extended pins when I took the pics to send to Lex's site.
    You will see Mk2 grenades with both styles all the way until the end of the war.
    Not all makers used these extended striker pins.

Regards, Steve