Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55

Article about: A couple more old-timers...and then I shall disappear,like a phantom into the mist..

Default Some more

Have more will post latter on..An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55

?

A very nice selection. For some reason I can't collect cartridges . I wind up shooting them. I only have a WW2 box of of steel cased .45's made by Evansville ordnance plant date stamped 42. I know I have some of the older WW2 vintages Some .303 i have for a sporterized P14. Some German 7.92 .I was young and surplus was plentiful and I shot a lot. Those are floating around in the bottom of my Range gear ammo cans.

Those M193 I remember from my days at the range for the Corps.

You have some unique rounds Cinders

Semper Fi
    Pgil

?

CINDERSII Nice selection you have,always nice to see anothers selection of cartridges,so many to collect,so little time......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

AZPhil,thats what them thar bullets were made for,shootin` away, unless they`r rare of course.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    AZPhil,thats what them thar bullets were made for,shootin` away, unless they`r rare of course.....Pete.
    Those were my thought exactly in my younger days, But now i'm seeing the light and the faults of my youth!!!LOL.

Semper Fi

Phil

Default Others

Unopened packed of 9MM Ball ammo Oct 1944

6.5mm Kynoch 6.5mm Mauser Portuguese Model Cartridges sadly this packet has only 6 cartridges but that still did not deter the vendor hitting me pretty hard for them after a haggle but as he stated they are reasonably difficult to find.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55   An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55  

An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55   An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55  

Took some more pics of full packets Kynoch .380 & Bentley .223 (What year were these .223's made have not seen any like these before) couple of empty packets of shotgun stuff the REMUMC packets when they were in London so that is pretty rare they are up in the value range I think the Rhen West is another rare one here in Australia.

Will eventually picture them all to share with the formers here plus I get a photographic record for perhaps insurance that is if one can insure these things. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55   An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55  

?

You have some very interesting stuff,show us more....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Different collectibles?

Bit different stuff Bottom ~ splintex dart possibly from a 105mm Bee Hive round which contained 5000 of them absolutely devastating in a close jungle attack the ones used by the ONTOS 6 barreled 106MM RCL light AFV in VN could clear a 1/4 of an acre of jungle with them.
    Story goes the VC were attacking and the 105's let drive with these rounds the next day a VC soldiers dead body was recovered with his AK 47 rifle nailed to his chest by the splintex darts.

Middle ~ is a stainless finned dart from a 2.75" rocket normally mounted on the Huey's I do not know how many were in each war head but they would be just awfully destructive on soft skinned vehicles or flesh.
    Top is the usual 303 cartridge I use for scale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55  
    Last edited by CINDERSII; 10-12-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Default Quirky stuff

Had a chap get this made for me years ago after seeing one in his house he knew the chap that was making them out of beer cans $20 per plane, I had to drink the cans what a shame.........! It is well presented and I like it as it is a real art doing them sadly I never got back to get the Red Baron one I had made out of Emu Export cans which are predominantly red in colour.

Model is of a Fokker DR-1 Circa - 1917.

An Old-Time Cartridge..38-55  

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast