Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions/ Help needed Parctice Bomb, Spam Can

Article about: Here is a pic of a sealed spam can of .45 ammo, it's missing the key, but not dented at all, I have tried to research if the T2AAF has anything to do with the USAAF, anyone have any info? I

Default Opinions/ Help needed Parctice Bomb, Spam Can

Here is a pic of a sealed spam can of .45 ammo, it's missing the key, but not dented at all, I have tried to research if the T2AAF has anything to do with the USAAF, anyone have any info? I have seen one opened, and it is steel cased ammo. Also a pic of a 100lb WWII parctice bomb? that I "borrowed" from Universal Studios in LA when a teenager, when security was not tight, and it was not the tourist attraction it is today. Glad the LAPD did not see me going back to my VW bug with it over my shoulder. It was in a prop storage building with other WWII props. It's been well over 35 years since I procured it, so the statute of limitations should be over. Do any members know if it is an actual Military practice bomb, that was filled with sand, or other material for weight? It has 2 sturdy eyelets on the back you cannot see in pic, and is very well made, and thick sheet metal. I see no markings on it. It has obviously been repainted for prop use, but have always wondered about it, and fairly new to ordnance collecting. I am a gun collector. Judging from the time I "got" it, it may have been used in shows like McHales Navy, Rat Patrol or others that I forget the names of, from the late 60's early 70's Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions/ Help needed Parctice Bomb, Spam Can   Opinions/ Help needed Parctice Bomb, Spam Can  

Default Re: Opinions/ Help needed Parctice Bomb, Spam Can

The group listed in the link below should have the answer on the Evansville Ordnance plant 45 ammo spam can...BILL

International Ammunition Association {cartridgecollectors.org} ~ Index
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Opinions/ Help needed Parctice Bomb, Spam Can

Thanks for the tip bill Steve