Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

P47 Thunderbolt Relic.

Article about: Found at a crash site here in the North West, a .50 Calibre bullet from a P47 Thunderbolt. Don't remember if it's AP or Tracer Just imagine the power of the crash, to cause the distortion to

Default P47 Thunderbolt Relic.

Found at a crash site here in the North West, a .50 Calibre bullet from a P47 Thunderbolt.

Don't remember if it's AP or Tracer

Just imagine the power of the crash, to cause the distortion to this bullet.

It's completely safe and empty of any gun powder..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P47 Thunderbolt Relic.   P47 Thunderbolt Relic.  

P47 Thunderbolt Relic.   P47 Thunderbolt Relic.  

?

DM = Des Moines Ordnance Plant, Des Moines, Iowa. If its AP it will have a inner steel core/bullet and will be magnetic.

Cool find

Semper Fi
    Phil

I used to find these all the time when i was a teenager, i went digging on Burtonwood airbase and whenever i found 30 or 50 cal rounds i'd set them off with a centre punch, it's a wonder i'm still here!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I used to find these all the time when i was a teenager, i went digging on Burtonwood airbase and whenever i found 30 or 50 cal rounds i'd set them off with a centre punch, it's a wonder i'm still here!...
    That must have been a blast Gunny