Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer Knacker-German Hafthohlladung 3 Attach Hollow Charge Hand Mine

Article about: Hi i searched for thread or post of "panzer knacker",haven't found any,that's why i've opened new one.i do apologize if i did it wrong. Panzerhandmine / Hafthohlladung 3 / PANZER K

Default Panzer Knacker-German Hafthohlladung 3 Attach Hollow Charge Hand Mine

Hi
    i searched for thread or post of "panzer knacker",haven't found any,that's why i've opened new one.i do apologize if i did it wrong.

Panzerhandmine / Hafthohlladung 3 / PANZER KNACKER / Magnetic Anti Tank Attach Hollow Charge Mine / HEAT

I WANTED MAKE ITS EXACT REPLICA FOR WW2 REENACTMENT PURPOSES , UNFORTUNATELY I CAN'T FIND ITS MEASUREMENTS. I'VE GOT SOME BASIC SIZES OF TOP PART ALREADY , STILL STUCK WIT ITS PLYWOOD (OR BAKELITE) BASE AND MAGNETS. NONE OF MY MATES HAS IT.WOULD YOU KNOW SOME INFOS,PLEASE?
    MANY THANKS GUYS. PETR
    YouTube - WW2 German Hafthohlladung 3 - Rare Panzer Knacker - CAN YOU HELP ?
    BTW-FEW BASIC INFOS-
    The Hafthohlladung was mostly used by Wehrmacht tank killer squads. It had a three pair of magnets around its base, which enabled the infantryman using the device to place it directly onto the enemy tank, before arming it by pulling the ignitor at the rear of the mine. This meant that the slope of the armour had a negligible effect on the efficacy of the shaped charge, but it also made the action of placing the charge rather suicidal, as the infantryman would be very vulnerable to enemy fire. The charge itself was very effective against armour, being able to penetrate around 140mm of RHA.
    •Weight: 3kg for the H3 version, 3.5kg for the H3.5 version.
    •Date of issue: November 1942
    •Penetration: 140mm of RHA angled at 0 degrees, 20 inches of concrete
    •Fuse: Friction ignited 4.5 second delay fuse, increased to 7.5 seconds in May 1943
    •Production: 553,900 produced 1942-44
    •Declared obsolete in May 1944 in favour of the Panzerfaust, but existing stockpiles were still used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Knacker-German Hafthohlladung 3 Attach Hollow Charge Hand Mine   Panzer Knacker-German Hafthohlladung 3 Attach Hollow Charge Hand Mine  

Panzer Knacker-German Hafthohlladung 3 Attach Hollow Charge Hand Mine