Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerfaust tube with a difference.

Article about: I picked this panzerfaust tube up a few years ago now. I have not seen another like it although you guys may know of others like it. I may be wrong but i think it is a varient on the orignal

Default Panzerfaust tube with a difference.

I picked this panzerfaust tube up a few years ago now. I have not seen another like it although you guys may know of others like it. I may be wrong but i think it is a varient on the orignal design, maybe used for training or even possibly it cound be reloaded. Anyway if anyone know exactly what this model is all about then please let us know.
    If you want to see more of my collection then go to German WW2 Militaria | Home
    All the best from Jersey.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust tube with a difference.   Panzerfaust tube with a difference.  

Panzerfaust tube with a difference.   Panzerfaust tube with a difference.  

Default Re: Panzerfaust tube with a difference.

I am no expert on 'fausts but personally have never seen one like this. The panzerfaust 150 was I believe supposed to be reloadable up to 10 shots but on the photos I have seen, they do not have this attachment on top, with the tube pretty much identical to the 100m. There was I believe a 'faust 250 but this had a pistol grip and I believe it never went into production. The attachment on yours is above where the propellant charge would sit but can't figure out what purpose it would serve.

could it be a bit of fantasy piece, though I too would love to know if anyone has any ideas -sure one of the experts here will know

I have never seen a Panzerfaust like this before, however, it does look like it is all period (the '20' on the 'cap' appears to corrospond with the '20' stenciled on to the top of the main body of the Panzerfaust). The only thing that I can think of is is it some kind of valve to increase/decrease the range of the projectile (The more exhaust that comes out the shorter the range of the projectile). Although this is the only thing I can think of it does seem unlikely as you would be releasing hot exhaust next to your head if launching it from the shoulder! (I also can't see much benefit in lessening the range of the projectile)

Hi D, I found this by accident as you do...It is colour re-touched fim.

Take a gander here, about 13 seconds in:

Schlag um berlin 1945 - YouTube

It is for training. That is certainly a training warhead if you advance the film frame by frame. The design is slightly different in shape.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Three screen shots taken from the film.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust tube with a difference.   Panzerfaust tube with a difference.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The original un re-touched footage:

Civilian Panzerfaust Training - March 22, 1945 - YouTube

Another pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust tube with a difference.  

Morning Ade,
    Fantastic, so I guess its a rare beast then. Great film, thanks for going to all the trouble.
    D.

Good job Adrian.
    chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast