Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Please help with this .308 tip

Article about: Hi gents, I hope one of you guys can tell me what I have here. I'ts .308 dia., weighs 217 grns. and is cupro nickel jacketed with a lead core.I've been reloading mostly for military rifles f

Default Please help with this .308 tip

Hi gents, I hope one of you guys can tell me what I have here. I'ts .308 dia., weighs 217 grns. and is cupro nickel jacketed with a lead core.I've been reloading mostly for military rifles for almost 40 years and I don't ever remember seeing a head like this. I think it's probably for the 30-40 krag.I would appreciate your opinions.I wish you and your families good health, thank you.

BillPlease help with this .308 tipPlease help with this .308 tip

Could be from the .30-40 or from the original 30-‘03. Both used a 220 gr round nose I believe. The introduction of the 30-‘06 brought the spitzer if I remember correctly

Thank you 08

Bill

Your welcome Shemp. Nice find! They aren’t very common.

They came in where I work so the guys saved them for me. Unfortunately I eyeballed them and thought they were 6.5 so I bought them.I reload 30-06 but no longer have my 03's and I won't shoot these through my deer rifle.

BillPlease help with this .308 tip

You could load up some dummies for display for some of them. Hey you never know they might come in handy for a trade in the future!