Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help identify 37mm round

Article about: Hello, I got these two 37mm rounds in the post today and I already know that one of which was manufactured in Germany in 1918 (left). I also think the German round is an HE round as there is

Default Please help identify 37mm round

Hello,

I got these two 37mm rounds in the post today and I already know that one of which was manufactured in Germany in 1918 (left). I also think the German round is an HE round as there is a hollow cavity in the projectile but I'm not too sure on this. Onto the my main question, can anyone please help with the identification of the second round (right). The one on the right has no markings at all, not even a headstamp.
    Any info will be greatly appreciated.

-Dylan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify 37mm round   Please help identify 37mm round  

Attached Images Attached Images Please help identify 37mm round  Please help identify 37mm round 

The better marked one could be a naval round? I'm basing that on the M under the crown. WW2 Kriegsmarine kit is always marked with an M so perhaps Imperial stuff also? Just a thought as a starting point for research.

Thank you very much for the info KradSpam, after doing a bit of research i found this: 3,7cm C97/98 Cartridge Casing, explains basically everything on the German headstamp