Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pom pom shell and other items purchased

Article about: Hi Guys I recently purchased a few items i thought i would share. The two cartridges are .50cal Vickers, both bullets can be removed and they are totally empty. The other item is a 'Victory

?

Default Pom pom shell and other items purchased

Hi Guys
    I recently purchased a few items i thought i would share.

The two cartridges are .50cal Vickers, both bullets can be removed and they are totally empty.

The other item is a 'Victory Bell' made from shot down German aircraft.

On the Pom Pom shell both the fuse body and percussion cap can be unscrewed - showing both to be totally empty. It is stamped '99' near the bottom as has a 'V' on the base and what looks like 'PA' stamped in the middle. The bottom of the fuse is stamped 'VSM' and it has an 'H' on the outside of the fuse. There doesn't appear to be any markings on the shell case itself. Does anyone know what year this would be from?
    Cheers

Pom pom shell and other items purchasedPom pom shell and other items purchasedPom pom shell and other items purchasedPom pom shell and other items purchasedPom pom shell and other items purchasedPom pom shell and other items purchased

CBH
    ?

Are you sure the two smaller shells are .50 cal , they almost look like 20mm .

?

Yeah they're definitely .50 cal vickers 12.7x80....50 Vickers

I still haven't found anything more out about the Pom Pom shell

?

Have a look here,scroll down for the history.....https://www.flickr.com/photos/hiddenhistory/5258329074
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I like the Victory bell