Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Question on ordnance export

Article about: Hi everyone I'm new to the world or ordnance collection and have the misfortune of being located in the United States far away from where most of the relics from my time period of choice (WW

lowellb44
    ?

Default Question on ordnance export

Hi everyone I'm new to the world or ordnance collection and have the misfortune of being located in the United States far away from where most of the relics from my time period of choice (WWII) are located. The biggest issue I am running into is that there are laws prohibiting shipping things such as shells with their projectiles. I understand that you can send shell casings without too much trouble but the projectile seams to be the cause of all the issues (seeing as most of them were designed to explode i can see why people would be concerned by them). However I know that on my side there is the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) that I could contact and find out all the forms and such I would have to fill out to get these items into the states. However I am not current on the way most of the governments over in Europe handle these things. I was wondering if anyone here can tell me if I am simply bashing my head against a wall trying to get anything from Europe of if there is a way for me to get permits to have some of these beautiful relics of days gone by to my side of the big blue puddle separating me from them. If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful for any and all I can get. I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me with this. Thank you all for your time and consideration. Also if anyone knows where i might find a KwK 43, Flak 18, Flak 41, or a Sherman tank round I would be interested in any leads i could get on that too. Thank you all again.

Brendan

Hi.... I am a collector of these things. It all got very difficult here in the USA when eBay prohibited their sale here. I specialize in the 8.8cm FLAK 18/ KwK 43 etc. Look for a collector whose handle is "The Kees". He has numerous KwK43 complete rounds. I do not know if he would part with any.
    The K3wK 43 AP projectile is very rare as because of the Base fuse design it is particularly dangerous to handle. These are almost always blown in place by EOD deminers. It is a great hobby. I think you can still get stuff sent to the USA but as freight. Takes the slow boat. I am trying to find a complete S mine... so far no luck.

lowellb44
    ?

I actually have spoken with kees and sadly no he is not. my big problem is how to get the items out of Germany i have found a few but am always looking for deals on these things. how do you get them sent as freight? my contact in Germany said costumes xrays everything and that any ordinance would be confiscated. any more info you could give me would be greatly appreciated. where are you from that you have had such success aquiering these things?