Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian Anti-Tank Dog Mines

Article about: Rare footage of Russian Dog Anti-tank Mines on the Eastern Front.. YouTube - Rare WWII Footage - Anti Tank Dog Mine - Eastern Front Battlefield

Default Russian Anti-Tank Dog Mines

Rare footage of Russian Dog Anti-tank Mines on the Eastern Front..

YouTube - Rare WWII Footage - Anti Tank Dog Mine - Eastern Front Battlefield
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Russian Anti-Tank Dog Mines

Thanks for sharing. The scene with the dog running on the panzer can also be seen in the French Production documentary ''Apocalypse". A must see dvd.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hi Bill, that is outstanding. Thanks very much for finding that. Sandra, a female comrade in our living history group made a mine dog harness (with the help of the manual you posted) and it goes down really well at our events with a lot of interest. She will love this footage.

Cheers, Ade.

Nice find Bill, amazing footage!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

WWII sure fostered some half-baked ideas; this film is funny- I love the staged detonation, and the tank blowing up under fire from the Soviet AT gun was a T34 LOL Awesome.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Quote by Matt L View Post
    WWII sure fostered some half-baked ideas; this film is funny- I love the staged detonation, and the tank blowing up under fire from the Soviet AT gun was a T34 LOL Awesome.
    Thank god for that.
    To be honest, my opinion this was a barbaric use of the poor animals, the germans loved more animals than they loved people. It still is like that today, i was shoked in a good way to see how well they take care of dogs.
    They even allow dogs in restaurants, shopping malls etc...
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Nuno-when the Germans realized what the Russian dog AT mines were they issued orders that all dogs were to be considered rabid and shot on sight-local canines disappeared almost overnight on the Eastern front as soldiers were more afraid of rabies, a disease often found in Eastern Europe.

What appalls me about the technique is the obvious rapport the handlers have with the dogs who are but expendable guided missiles to them but I suppose the men were also viewed that way by STAVKA.

The video works fine for me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Some screen shots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Anti-Tank Dog Mines   Russian Anti-Tank Dog Mines  

Russian Anti-Tank Dog Mines  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The video works fine for me.

Cheers, Ade.
    For me too
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast