Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

shot coins ebay?????

Article about: Hi everyone im new on this great forum been lurking for a while. Just wanted some advice there is som items on ebay coins with bullets lodged in them is there anyway to tell if these are gen

?

I just took a look and actually found this one in the catch all draw. The date was obliterated, but it is likely late sixties or seventies. I remember the day it was shot and as I remember it took a considerable amount of time to find. Also dug some .30 cal rounds out of the sand bank.

shot coins ebay?????

shot coins ebay?????

shot coins ebay?????
    Regards,
    John

thanks for that great pics

?

Looking at the pictures at the start of the tread, the penetration looks all wrong for a high velocity projectile. Looks more like a pressed or hammered through hole as the metal all goes in one direction and there is no spalling around the entrance. Those examples were likely created in a workshop and not at a firing range and aged afterwards (IMO).
    Regards,
    John

interesting thread ,i must be living under a rock as i havent heard of this kind of thing before ,but it takes me back some years as a child i questioned my great grandfather over his strange looking thumb scarring ,i recall he said he was hit by a turkish sniper bullet during the gallipoli campaign, but anyway back to these coins i would say simply striking these with a stamp punch ,then pushing through a bullet would amount to the desired effect ,a novel display piece but for originality ,best to avoid

Quote by James C View Post
    interesting thread ,i must be living under a rock as i havent heard of this kind of thing before ,but it takes me back some years as a child i questioned my great grandfather over his strange looking thumb scarring ,i recall he said he was hit by a turkish sniper bullet during the gallipoli campaign, but anyway back to these coins i would say simply striking these with a stamp punch ,then pushing through a bullet would amount to the desired effect ,a novel display piece but for originality ,best to avoid
    Well said mate!...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4