45mm anti tank round?...
It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.
I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...
Thank you Gunny, ammo is absolutly out of my experience.
Yes Gunny is spot on Russian 45mm Anti-Tank shell case
If you still interested, the general information from me about that beautiful 45x310mm brass shell-case for the Russian legendary "Sorokopyatka" 's (that is Russian nickname of the gun, means "45mm calibers gun") fixed ammunition.
First of all, that is definitely a shell-case for Russian 45mm tank and anti-tank cannons from the WW2 era (manuf.period 1932-1945). A full list of the Russian weapon units (16!) that was firing those shells :
- Anti-tank 45mm cannon "19-K" (1932-1937) short barrel
- Anti-tank 45mm cannon "53-K" (1937) short barrel
- Anti-tank 45mm cannon "M42" (1938-1942) long barrel
- Cavalry tanks BT-5 and BT-7 (1932-1945), equipped with 45mm tank gun "20-K"
- Heavy armored cars BA-3, BA-6, BA-10, BA-11 (1933-1942), also equipped with "20-K"
- Light tanks T-26, T-50, T-70 and T-80 (1933-1960), also forearmed with "20-K"
- Heavy 5-turrets tank T-35 (1935-1941), it has 2 of "20-K" on deck!
- Heavy experimental 2-turrets tank T-100 (1939), it has one "20-K" and one 76mm "L-11" gun.
- Heavy experimental 2-turrets tank SMK (1939) , again - one "20-K", one 76mm "L-11".
And finally, there were 5 types of 45mm fixed artillery shells that used to be standard ordnance for all the cannons above, and your shell-case was using for all of them:
- UBZR-243 (armor-piercing-incendiary fixed shell) Russian "УБЗР-243"
- UBR-243SP (armor-piercing-solid fixed shell) Russian "УБР-243СП"
- UBR-243P (armor-piercing-subcalliber fixed shell) Russian "УБР-243П"
- OU-243 (fragmentation fixed shell) Russian "УО-243"
- USHCH-243 (shrapnel or canister fixed shell) Russian "УЩ-243"
Тhat is all general info you may need. Hope you will find this helpful. By the way, shells above UBZR-243 and UBR-243SP I have manufactured as wooden ordnance replicas, and you can see them both on my website, equipped with your shell case Pay attention to the correct markings in Russian on my shell-cases (it is no longer legible on yours). Planning to full fill the whole 5-types range, will look interesting as a set.