Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

SS marked Stick Grenades

Article about: Yes, we like papers like these

?

SS TV is SS Totenkopfverbande. I do not believe the SSTk Division fought anywhere near Finland nor did any of the TK units spend time there. I know nothing of marked ordnance so I can't comment on its originality.

Worth a look gents

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordin...ed-ammo-14704/

Cheers

Dave

If these did exist they may have been placed in general SS stocks when the above mentioned (Ade's comment re the cartridges) munitions shortage ended. They then could have turned up anywhere the SS were engaged.

Only food for thought
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-05-2014 at 07:14 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by DougB View Post
    SS TV is SS Totenkopfverbande. I do not believe the SSTk Division fought anywhere near Finland nor did any of the TK units spend time there. I know nothing of marked ordnance so I can't comment on its originality.
    But wisdom tells the truth Doug as you know as I am also hated for calling out BS::::
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I also have doubts on the originality of the SS markings.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I thought SS TV was an early cable channel Telefunken was working on .............. no? - I must be be mistaken
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I noticed on the much unreliable wikipedia this bit:

After the Norwegian Campaign and the surrender of Norway, Adolf Hitler did not want units of the Wehrmacht (regular army) to guard the new border between occupied Norway and the Soviet Union, created when Joseph Stalin annexed northernmost Finland, so he decided to send units of the SS-Totenkopfverbände (SS-Death's Head Units) formed from concentration camp guards.

The first unit to assemble in Kirkenes, was the SS Battalion Reitz, named after their commander Obersturmbannführer Wilhelm Reitz. The SS 9th "Totenkopf" Regiment, led by Obersturmbannführer Ernst Deutsch soon followed.

They were joined in the Spring of 1941, by the SS 6th and 7th Regiments and moved into positions at Salla in northern Finland. The formation was well equipped but barely trained, and the commanding General Nikolaus von Falkenhorst did not trust their fighting ability.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

For me original, I missed one in France.
    One from Dimas

In the post SS markings.

?

Default SS-TK marks

Interesting topic. If these are real, they would be very much in demand. It's hard to tell what happened for certain, unless there are fieldposts or documents supporting that these were shipped out to that area or division. Personally, they look pretty convincing. I have seen numerous items such as binocular cases, bullets, map cases and I believe even mess tins and canteens marked this way. I'm sure member Karell Gott may be able to help
    Dean

Note:
    Is it just me or are there numbers/letters faintly stamped above the SS marks?

Until 1940, many markings on all material from the SS. But aaking = money, so they stopped.

?

Lebus, I see other markings above the SS one you posted in the last pic. Possibly the old stamps were sanded down and newer ones added by a faker. I don't know ..
    With a closer look, I see what look like double stamps of runes and TV above. Maybe a mistake, then sanded?
    Last edited by Dean; 01-05-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast