Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

SS marked Stick Grenades

Article about: Yes, we like papers like these

We have no information about this production...In 40 years I saw only one wooden part in France.
    MS.M ?

The tiny obscure markings above and below look to be ink stamps of eagles and SS runes...? The original pair posted also seem to have these ink stampings...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes and the "4" is the same.

Paper labels lasting 70 years in a lake? Pull the other one...it plays jingle bells.

Sorry guys these are 100% original and i found these myself last summer the head parts were in the mud at the bottom of the lake and thats the reason the heads are in better condition than the bottom of the handles ,this part was sticking end of the mud so air has got to that part ,i found 24 grenades all the same in this one lake ,These are early war being Smoke Nb grenades with normal stick grenade handle and not having the later Nb handles with ribs ,Alot of items are found in very good condition with even paper labels in the lakes in Finland due to conditions found in the bottom of the lakes deep mud and the air no getting to the items ,The items were found in a lake near Salla at a rest area where SS Nord were ,i am sure others have been found on the other side of the border in Russia and i know of other diggers in Finland who have also found these SS marked grenades , I have no reason to fake these i only thought i would post these to show what i had found out of interest and for no other reason,Also if you look at the other Stick grenade i have posted that i also found last summer you will see the condition things are found in lakes in Finland even the wood is in very good condition
    Last edited by kradman; 01-05-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added to post

No problem for me. It's original.

Hi Lebus12 thank you for that here are somemore photos of the markings found on the grenades
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS marked Stick Grenades   SS marked Stick Grenades  

SS marked Stick Grenades   SS marked Stick Grenades  

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Paper labels lasting 70 years in a lake? Pull the other one...it plays jingle bells.
    if the pond they were found in has been filled with mud, then i see no problems with this. No oxygen and low acid soil will preserve almost everything.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    You would be amazed how good things can be preserved in the freshwater lakes up north!!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

?

I really like the condition of the relics up there, I have personally acquired some very decent items from certain forum members that live in that area , and remember that oxygen is the enemy of relics.
    Krad, are you keeping these?
    Thanks,
    Dean.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast