Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS marked Stick Grenades

Article about: Yes, we like papers like these

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Why a SS TV marking?

Eric
    I think they explode better
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

grenades ok but don't like the markings.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    Why , can you explain Harry please ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Markings are original to handle,, they probably seem strange if they have not been seen before.

Regards Nick

Quote by harryamb2 View Post

Quote by jeeeensy View Post
    they probably seem strange if they have not been seen before. Regards Nick
    That seems to be the status quo anymore with mass produced semi fakes with little additions to bump up the authenticity. Nothing against these grenades..but when I hear a statement like that...many thoughts come to mind of how many times we have seen whatever it is we collect..new additions to something...when we know what it is .....that it should look like. Not by reference data..but by those in hand inspections. The K98 bayo forum for example are flooded with fakes of etched blades belonging to SS groups....discussions begin..only to end up that hand inspections dictate them to be recent due to the application style of Laser technology... vs....Acid etching.

The letters on these grenades?....I dont know the answer..as it I dont know grenades. SSVT,,,TV,,cable..or KY.. abbreviations..have some meaning if the are in spelling order that represents something. I never heard of SSTV...which I am assuming stands for Totenkopf verbande....or should it be....SS-Verfügungstruppe (SS-VT) ?
    Another great reason why this website thrives...is the challenges that are set before us. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A couple of points that I'm looking at here with these stick grenades...and, no, I'm not going to strike off a crusade of "yes or no" on these pieces, and this will be the last thing I have to say about them- the first being that they were posted by a digger who recovered them himself. A digger that is, apparently, known by others from his part of the World. And the second being, that he has not offered these for sale at an inflated price or any other price, for that matter. Not a very profitable fake business when the fakes are not offered for sale. And, last thing being, that the Totenkopf's were, apparently, In the region where these grenades were recovered-a region fairly high in the North, and we've all seen shockingly well preserved items recovered from these areas by other forum members as well. Bottom line here being, personally, I can see no reason to doubt these grenades and how and where they were found. I would be more than pleased to have one of these grenades myself.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes, of course, i don't see kradman making such items for his colection !
    I wait for Dimus, he have one, also.
    Cheers,
    Michel

Thank you all for your coments on these items i only put them on here as i thought they would be of interest and are rarely seen ,as i put before i am not trying to sell these and have no interest in selling these two as they are the last two i have and are for my collection and quite a few of you have brought Lapland relics from me before at Beltring or Ciney and i am not into selling fakes and 90% of what i have i have found myself

?

Thanks for posting these kradman- they're extremely interesting; I too would have been doubtful of the markings if they'd just been bought and nobody had any further information about them- but having recovered them yourself, and having support from Dimas is wonderful proof of one of the rare authentic SS markings on ammunition. Very cool...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

There was a thread ran a while ago on WAFF.

M 24 ss - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

may be worth while looking over it ..

Regards Nick ,,

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast