Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange object... Please NEED HELP

Article about: Hi to all, I would like to know if you can identify this German World War II object. It come from an old partisan, he says that it is a device that used a timer to make the German saboteurs

Default Strange object... Please NEED HELP

Hi to all,
    I would like to know if you can identify this German World War II object.
    It come from an old partisan, he says that it is a device that used a timer to make the German saboteurs for exploding ships and submarines.
    It is made of bakelite and is built tight, perhaps for use under sea?
    I can not find any information, Somebody have notice?

Strange object...  Please NEED HELP Strange object...  Please NEED HELP

Thank you very much

Partisan

Default Re: Strange object... Please NEED HELP

It is indeed a delayed action fuse. Lots of info here on the J Feder 504:

J-Feder 504

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you very much!

?

Its always best to make sure these type of items are not armed, it has a percussion cap at the end, if its still in place, its enough to take some fingers off, better safe than sorry

Quote by davejb View Post
    Its always best to make sure these type of items are not armed, it has a percussion cap at the end, if its still in place, its enough to take some fingers off, better safe than sorry
    But it can blow up? (mamma mia!)

Partisan

?

Im saying its best to check, find out how all the parts are put together and where the instructions state how to disarm the timer, if your not sure there may be someone on here who knows, but off the top of my head i think the bottom unscrews to reveal the percussion cap, if your not happy doing it take it to a local army base and ask them to have a look, they should have a disposal team capable of checking

@Davejb: Would they give it back to you? If you would go to an armybase/policestation in the Netherlands you probably wouldn't get it back from them. There is a chance that they will visit you at your house to look if you don't have any more items like such laying around.

Be careful with items like that.

cheers,

?

Well i suppose its possible, if thats the case youve got the choice of leaving it alone and hoping its not armed or trying to see for yourself, there must be some way of telling if its armed

Quote by davejb View Post
    Im saying its best to check, find out how all the parts are put together and where the instructions state how to disarm the timer, if your not sure there may be someone on here who knows, but off the top of my head i think the bottom unscrews to reveal the percussion cap, if your not happy doing it take it to a local army base and ask them to have a look, they should have a disposal team capable of checking
    Okay, I've understand. Thanks

Would they give it back to you? If you would go to an armybase/policestation in the Netherlands you probably wouldn't get it back from them. There is a chance that they will visit you at your house to look if you don't have any more items like such laying around.
    In Italy too!

partisan