Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

"Teeth of WWII" Display...

Article about: A while ago my good friend gave me a "3D" display case. Whatever goes into this case is trapped between two sheets of cellophane that shrink around it and hold it in place. For a w

Default "Teeth of WWII" Display...

A while ago my good friend gave me a "3D" display case. Whatever goes into this case is trapped between two sheets of cellophane that shrink around it and hold it in place.

For a while I struggled with what to put in there... I stuck some spent WWII US cartridges in it and forgot about it...

This past weekend, I ran across a gentleman at the Allentown, PA gunshow selling collectible cartridges. I thought it would be neat to have one cartridge from each of the most commonly used small arms of WWII.

Here is a list of what I purchased from him. I know I forgot the 7.62x25 Tokarev/PPSH. (If anyone knows where I can find one, please let me know!) Also, please let me know if I missed anything else!

Allied:
    .455 Webley
    7.62x38mmR Nagant
    American 30.06
    British .303
    French 8mm Lebel
    Russian 7.62x54r - Explosive Tipped
    American .30 Carbine
    American .45 ACP

Axis:
    9mm Parabellum
    7.35 Carcano
    6.5 Carcano
    8mm Mauser
    6.5 Japanese
    7.7 Japanese
    8mm Kurz
    8mm Nambu

I couldn't quite get all of the cartridges to fit until I arranged them like teeth... I thought it was kind of fitting that these cartridges were made to be used in anger and the display turned out to look like a very angry set of "Jaws."
    "Teeth of WWII" Display..."Teeth of WWII" Display...

Comments and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for taking a look!!

?

Good idea.

?

Looks good Joe,on the allied side you could add the 7.5x54 French round and the Axis side the 8x59 Italian Breda and the 8x56R Steyr round.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Plus
    Allied:
    British 7.92x57mm BESA
    British 9mm
    British .380-200 Revolver

Axis:
    Lots of weapons from occupied countries e.g. 6.5mm Dutch Mannlicher

Regards
    TonyE
    British Military Smallarms and Ammunition
    Collector, Researcher and Pedant
    https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen!

Unfortunately, this 3D display case is quite small. 7.62x25 Tokarev and British 9mm will be definite additions, but I'm not sure I'll have room for the others.

?

Cool.

A couple to consider, although they will most likely not fit.

50 BMG
    12.7 MM
    12 Gauge
    Regards,
    John

Thanks, John!

I do have a .50cal that I'll put along the display... but yeah... it isn't going to fit!

Many of the German sidearms of the officers were in 7.65 mm(32 ACP Cal.) and .380 caliber(9mm Kurz or "short"). Standard rounds for Walther PP and PPK's, Mod 34 Beretta's, Mauser Model 1910's, etc. Hitler himself died from a 32 ACP round to the temple(and a cyanide capsule, of course).
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good looking display-perhaps you could squeeze in the 6.35mm/.25 ACP round-saw more service use with both sides than you would think both as an officers' ornament and a battle type...