Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tiger II 88 mm Round

Article about: Well you can't send pictures to people using the forum system- as an attachment to a PM or email that is; you'd just have to get everyone's email address and send it yourself like a regular

?

Default Re: Tiger II 88 mm Round

£4000?! No way... really? Unbelievable...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Matt L, The one I spotted WAS being sold by J C Militaria for £3995. I've just checked their site out and it's gone.

pmccombs
    ?

Hi Simon
    I paid 3025.00 US for this at a small auction house in Northeast US, New Hampshire...
    Where do you shop for this sort of thing?
    Best, Paul

?

Quote by pmccombs View Post
    Another recent acquision from auction. A 88 mm Tiger Tank II round.
    Base marked 8.8 cm KwK 43.
    The KwK 43 (Kampfwagenkanone-fighting vehicle cannon) was the primary armament of the Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf.B "Tiger II"
    The base mark on this 88mm round ID's it to the TigerII.
    A M-35 double decal SS helmet in photo to add perspective
    Best
    Paul
    ...surely you mean Panzerkampfwagen VI? (6) I know, latin numbers...say no more

pmccombs
    ?

Right!!!

Paul, you paid $3025 thats about £2000, I'm impressed. The last one I saw was £3995 and I thought about buying it. I would have had one hell of an ear bashing from the Mrs, and I couldn't really justify spending that amount, so I didn't buy it. £2000... I would have.
    Anyway, you asked "where I would shop for this kind of thing?" There is a couple of places on the net that have had various 88's for sale. One is - Antique Armoury has been in the arms, armour and military antiques business for over 15 years.
    They say that they can source/supply "WW2 and later artillery rounds, shell cases etc including German 5cm Arrows, 25mm Hotchkiss, German 28ap, German 75mm and 88mm, British 17 and 25 pdr, US 75mm etc., etc., etc."
    The other place I have bought a 88mm Flak 18/36 round from in mint condition, as well as other stuff. They are very prompt in delivery and very helpfull. They are:-
    JC Militaria | Military Collectables
    Hope this is usefull. Regards, Simon.

?

Holy crap. The one I showed in the crate was for sale maybe 8 or 9 years ago and I recall sold for about $1200US and that was super high because the Sprgr. rounds are rather rarer than the Pzgr., especially in such excellent condition and wooden transport crates are suuuper-rare; as a set, well you get the picture.

I'm sure glad I got mine when I did though- it's not in great shape, but it didn't cost me an arm and a leg...

Worthwhile investment

?

No kidding...

Glad to hear it's a good investment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tiger II 88 mm Round  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast