Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Today's Finds! Japanese Type 100 Mortar Round and Unknown 81mm For ID

Article about: Greetings everyone, I found these two mortar rounds at a local flea market for what seems like a really good price. One is obviously a Japanese Type 100 with a matching numbered fuze. It sho

RZM
    ?

Default Today's Finds! Japanese Type 100 Mortar Round and Unknown 81mm For ID

Greetings everyone,

I found these two mortar rounds at a local flea market for what seems like a really good price. One is obviously a Japanese Type 100 with a matching numbered fuze. It shows the usual markings that are normally found on these rounds. It has a - on the side which meant it's charge was .05% (?) under weight. There are also a few Kanji characters stamped into the metal that I can't make out.

The other appears to be almost identical, but there are no markings other than a stylized "B" stamped into the tail. A friend suggested that it might be Italian, but I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.

Any ideas on the value of each of these?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Today's Finds!  Japanese Type 100 Mortar Round and Unknown 81mm For ID   Today's Finds!  Japanese Type 100 Mortar Round and Unknown 81mm For ID  

Today's Finds!  Japanese Type 100 Mortar Round and Unknown 81mm For ID   Today's Finds!  Japanese Type 100 Mortar Round and Unknown 81mm For ID  

Today's Finds!  Japanese Type 100 Mortar Round and Unknown 81mm For ID   Today's Finds!  Japanese Type 100 Mortar Round and Unknown 81mm For ID  

?

Great finds.

RZM
    ?

Thanks Steve! This is the first of these mortars I've had. I've had US and German, but never any Italian or Japanese.

being an expert,[not,]they all look near the same to me.

RZM
    ?

I thought so too. The only real differences are that the Japanese round's fuze is reverse threaded, the paint, and the Italian one has a two part body. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone can for sure ID that odd mortar round.