Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Torpedo/Rocket - Belgium.

Article about: Can any one identify this torpedo/rocket? I went on a ww1 battlefield tour last week, and this thing was outside the "Hooge Crater" museum. Definitely a propeller on it's rear end.

Default Torpedo/Rocket - Belgium.

Can any one identify this torpedo/rocket?

I went on a ww1 battlefield tour last week, and this thing was outside the "Hooge Crater" museum.

Definitely a propeller on it's rear end.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Torpedo/Rocket - Belgium.   Torpedo/Rocket - Belgium.  

MAP
    ?

No idea but looks like it would sink like a stone.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Looks like a DIY welding project.....
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Bunker Buster Model #1???????????????

Semper Fi
    Phil

I've been looking at this item for 20 years or so I consulted with several colleagues who are equally capable EOD Operators and the general consensus was that it was a piece of mining equipment. What it definitely is not is ammunition or a weapon. Interesting to see the same thing crop up again.

The simple things that write it off are, no fuze, no safety, if the fuze is internal how is it safe during storage and transit, wrong suspension lug, the shape does not comply to any particular role. net result something else weird.

Oh and as an aside I conducted two archaeological digs for the Belgian Government there one at Hooge and one in polygon Wood. Love that area so much!

Have got you a positive id via my friend Daniel who posted it on a belgium eod site and got the following info from members there... its a Propelled Noise-Buoy with quadrangle hammer box for sweeping of acoustic mines
    link here to pictures of one in good condition Propelled Noise-Buoy with quadrangle hammer box for sweeping of Stock Photo: 59413036 - Alamy

?

By towing it wth a boat (minesweeper), hanging under a float, the rotation of the propeller causes an excentrical hammer to hit the internal sides of the buoy.
    By variating the speed of the buoy, you can work in different frequenties of noise to excite a maximum of acoustic mines.

Cheers Spotter

Did it explode the acoustic mines?

?

Spot on Spotter!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

No major changes in the system (principle) today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast