Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Training stick grenade?

Article about: This training grenade was part of a collection I purchased some time ago, I am hoping that someone out there will know exactly what it is that I have here. The "grenade" is somewha

Default Training stick grenade?

This training grenade was part of a collection I purchased some time ago, I am hoping that someone out there will know exactly what it is that I have here. The "grenade" is somewhat shorter than the usual German WW.2 stick grenade, but it has the remains of red paint on the head and at the top of the stick, which I know the ww.2 German Ub grenade had. I can't make out the stamp on the handle either, so anyone who knows or can help please let me know what I have.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Training stick grenade?   Training stick grenade?  

Training stick grenade?   Training stick grenade?  

Training stick grenade?  

Both of these are training grenades. M24 and M43. The M24 and M43 trainers were painted with red bands and the M24 with 8 holes drilled in the sleeve so it was instantly recognized.

MAP
    ?

This might help with the stamp.

Training stick grenade?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just after WW2 we used them in our School for "Sport Throwing"
    Regards Germanski

I'm only familiar with the model 1924 Übungs Stielhandgranate. Not seen or heard of a 1943 model except that the model 43 Stielhandgranate used the igniter fitted directly to the head.

Is the other one of similar weight?

Thank you for that, it does show the stamp up better.

Had them also in the Army (West Germany) in 1960.s Ha Ha!