Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trying to identify Spanish Civil War cases

Article about: I'm trying to identify these 2 different cases if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I have looked at the sticky but apart from noticing the different primer seating marks a

?

Default Trying to identify Spanish Civil War cases

I'm trying to identify these 2 different cases if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I have looked at the sticky but apart from noticing the different primer seating marks am not too sure, hopefully the pics will come up, I am new to the forum and have joined in order to identify these if I can but may come across more due to now living in an area where there was fighting, thanks and all the best.
    Trying to identify Spanish Civil War casesTrying to identify Spanish Civil War casesTrying to identify Spanish Civil War casesTrying to identify Spanish Civil War cases

?

The measurements are approx, just using a steel rule, calibre approx 7-8mm, case length appears the same at 56mm but the neck of each case is different, am not sure how to describe the narrow portion of the casing but the empty case is longer
    Attachment 911665

?

Trying to identify Spanish Civil War casesTrying to identify Spanish Civil War cases

?

The case with the AI marking appears to be a 7.9x57mm round,the headstamp is Dutch,I can`t read the other markings on the other case......Pete.... It seems I was wrong and the AI marking is German, sorry.
    Last edited by zwerge; 12-16-2015 at 10:37 PM.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Hi Pete and thanks for the reply, ta very much, the other case has only the T/J with elongated U below it, as far as I can tell that is all there is the rest is corrosion, all the best, Dave

?

Your other case appears to be a 7x57mm case which was the standard Spanish ammo,here`s a pic to compare them.....Pete......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trying to identify Spanish Civil War cases  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Nice one Pete, ta for that, that pic shows the difference in the neck and shoulder really well too, so ithat's a 7mm next to a 7.92 in your pic ? is this your picture from a collection?

?

sorry 7.9mm

?

Quote by Dave M View Post
    Nice one Pete, ta for that, that pic shows the difference in the neck and shoulder really well too, so ithat's a 7mm next to a 7.92 in your pic ? is this your picture from a collection?
    Hi Dave,that`s right,if you want to see most of my collection look down a few posts and click on...An old time cartridge 38-55....
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Dave M Hello, I spent a link where I can see markings found ammunition in the civil war espaƱola.http: //guerracivil.municion.org/7-92x57.php num = 30
    a greeting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast