Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tube powder (Rohr-pulver in german) from Tirpitz

Article about: Hi! I think I posted this one in the wrong forum the first time, so I try again here in "Ordnance and ammo"! Is there anyone in here that knows a lot about the tube powder which wa

Default Tube powder (Rohr-pulver in german) from Tirpitz

Hi!

I think I posted this one in the wrong forum the first time, so I try again here in "Ordnance and ammo"! Is there anyone in here that knows a lot about the tube powder which was used in most german big naval guns? I have found a lot of this stuff at the wrecksite of the battleship Tirpitz and I want to learn a little bit more about it. Take a look at my ad: Tube powder from Tirpitz - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Really no one who have some knowledge about tube powder? I know there are different types which also burn in different ways, but I still need some more information if someone can help...

Only that the stuff at the Tirpitz site burns very slowly compared to other types... Similar compound used as igniting source in Panzerfausts. There is lots of the stuff in Norway and it is fairly innocuous now.