Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Two Bullets? Identification help please

Article about: I found these two bullets? inside a tin with a note claiming they were fired from a German plane. Could this be true? Thanks for the help guys! Link to all the images on Imgur: https://imgur

rjsantiques
    ?

Default Two Bullets? Identification help please

I found these two bullets? inside a tin with a note claiming they were fired from a German plane. Could this be true? Thanks for the help guys!

Link to all the images on Imgur:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/dTgPU#FQIxUsN

I will try to upload a couple here directly as well. Thanks in advance.

RJTwo Bullets? Identification help pleaseTwo Bullets? Identification help pleaseTwo Bullets? Identification help pleaseTwo Bullets? Identification help please

CBH
    ?

They appear to be the impact detonator from larger size projectiles .

I'm sure someone here can narrow down the country of origin .

Welcome to the forum .

From a look at the photos, I'd say that they look like 20mm shell tips. This caliber gun was used in the Messerschmidt BF 109 and a few others. I am seeing nothing here that would make me Not believe the letter's content. An interesting souvenir bit that nearly clocked out your grandfather....and,in the process....You! (or whatever kid wrote the letter,in any case!) Nice heirloom!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The bullet went into the hood, fired from an airplane so the angle would have been downward, hit the radiator at the front of the truck then turned through an amazing number of degrees and went through the dashboard? If I were looking to buy these, I wouldn't even look at the paper since anyone could have written it and it doesn't strike me as helping to give provenance to these items. If anything, to me, the note seems so poorly written as to cause concern. I don't know that they are even WW2 German pieces, but they do appear to thread into a larger shell.
    Welcome to the forum.

Edit - They do bear a resemblance to the fuse for a German 20mm shell.

Lightbulb

These are remains of ZZ1505 fuzes, used on the 2cm M-geschoss HE shell fired by either the 2cm MF-FF/M or MG151. They were first used by the Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain. The MG-FF was used in the Bf109E-3 to F-1 series.

They are a very nice souvenir !

rjsantiques
    ?

Cool, thanks guys!

A picture for you...

Two Bullets? Identification help please