Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified german bullet

Article about: Hi all, I got this german round that has some nice markings, dated 1938, but I don't know what the specifications are or for what rifle it is made. Sorry for the poor English and best regard

?

Default Unidentified german bullet

Hi all,

I got this german round that has some nice markings, dated 1938, but I don't know what the specifications are or for what rifle it is made.
    Sorry for the poor English and best regards from Belgium.

Default Re: Unidentified german bullet

Austrian 8X56R Manufactured under German control.. Used in the Austrian M95 Rifle and Carbines and MGs... It was also manufactured in Hungary for their M35 Rifle...and Various MGs
    Attached Images Attached Images Unidentified german bullet  Unidentified german bullet 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Ah, thanks alot Bill! Cleared some thinks up.

Janke, Here is one of the Steyr M95 Carbines from my collection...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified german bullet   Unidentified german bullet  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...