Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

unknown drill round

Article about: Hi I got a few drill rounds today and one in really not sure what it is, it is a full brass moulded round with three rings at the bottom. But has a pin through the round in the middle ring,

Default unknown drill round

Hi I got a few drill rounds today and one in really not sure what it is, it is a full brass
    moulded round with three rings at the bottom. But has a pin through the round in the middle ring, the bottom would come off if the pin wasnt there. I would like to know if anyone knows about it.
    Dave.unknown drill roundunknown drill round

?

It looks like it could be a 20mm Hispano round.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown drill round   unknown drill round  

unknown drill round  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Zwerge,
    My mistake i failed to put the size, it is the size of a .303 but iv not seen one like it before sorry to confuse the situation.
    Dave.

?

Give what measurements you can.....Pete.

- - ------- - -

Give what measurements you can.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi
    the case it self is 3 1/8th long x 7 /16th hope this helps as you can see it has no head stamps.
    Dave.
    Last edited by Panzer 3; 11-03-2014 at 07:29 PM.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi
    the case it self is 3 1/8th long x 7 1/16th hope this helps as you can see it has no head stamps.
    Dave.
    I guess you mean the OAL is 3 1/8 long and the base is 7/16 and not 7 1/16 as you typed? It looks like a US 30-06 dummy to me.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks Pete, i think im cracking up mate lol, where the 1 came from i dont know, thanks for your help.
    Dave.

unknown drill roundHi Pete i found it mate, it is a 8mm Mauser training round made by the Dutch for the German bund, in the 1950,s. on the site they are going for $10.00 each, so not bad thanks for your help.
    Dave.